SSG Course Ref No.: CRS-Q-0025095-CI / Funding Validity Period: 21 Nov 2016 - 31 Oct 2019
Developed and delivered by industry practitioners, this WSQ Diploma aims to equip the participants with the fundamental knowledge, skills and competencies to work with production crew and lead a Television or Film production.
The 8 units of study are
Assistant Director, Camera Assistant, Production Assistant, Sound Assistant, Grip and Gaffer
- All units will conclude with a compulsory assessment component.
- Assessments may include role plays, quizzes, assignments, projects, and written examinations.
- Participants need to achieve at least 75% attendance for each unit before they are allowed to sit for the assessment.
Participants will receive a WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) upon successful completion of each unit and its assessment.
Completion of all the required units will qualify candidates for the WSQ Diploma in Film & Television (Production) under the Creative Industries Workforce Skills Qualification (CI WSQ) framework.
Participants will also receive a Certificate of Attendance issued by Singapore Media Academy for each unit completed.
|Foo Piao Xu (Fu Biaoxu)
Piao Xu has more than 11 years of experience in television and film after graduating from the National University of Singapore.
|David Suen (Sng Choon Hui)
David is a working director in the local media scene for over 20 years. Being a freelancer, he has garnered extensive experience in many broadcast genres, helping numerous production houses direct their TV programmes both locally and internationally.
|Tan Siew Hwee, Catherine
Catherine is a freelance Digital Media Trainer cum Video Consultant, as well as a Video Producer and Video Director.
|Loh Lek San, Justin
Justin is a professional sound recordist with an extensive portfolio ranging from dramas to feature films, and from studio sound to TV commercials.
- Part-Time Programme (12 months)
- Next Intake: 1 July 2019 to May 2020 (Weekly lessons on Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Registration Closing Date: 10 June 2019
- Full-Time Programme (10 months)
- Next Intake: 3 September 2019
- Registration Closing Date: 13 August 2019
Fees (Inclusive of 7% GST)
Full Course Fee: S$22,684.00
Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents can enjoy up to 95% SkillsFuture Funding. T&Cs apply.
Course Fee after SkillsFuture Funding (70%): S$6,805.20
Course Fee after Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (90%): S$2,565.20
Course Fee after Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (90%): S$2,565.20
Course Fee after Workfare Training Support Scheme (95%): S$1,505.20
Minumum Entry Requirements
- Minimum Age: 18
- Academic Requirement: Obtain Pass Grade in GCE N-Level subjects including English (or IELTS overall band score 5 and above or equivalent) and 2 other subjects or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements may still apply and will be considered based on:
- At least 1 year working experience in any industry; and/or
- Oral interview or evaluation test by Singapore Media Academy to determine suitability for the course determine suitability for the course
- Applicants may be called for interview at the discretion of Singapore Media Academy.