SSG Course Ref No.: CRS-Q-0025474-MF / Funding Validity Period: 21 Nov 2016 - 31 Oct 2019
Developed and delivered by industry practitioners, this WSQ Diploma aims to equip the participants with the fundamental skills of writing different types of stories and scripts for film and television production.
The 7 units of study are
Script Writer and Copy Writer
- All units will conclude with a compulsory assessment component.
- Assessments may include role plays, quizzes, assignments, projects, and written examinations.
- Participants need to achieve at least 75% attendance for each unit before they are allowed to sit for the assessment.
Participants will receive a WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) upon successful completion of each unit and its assessment.
Completion of all the required units will qualify candidates for the WSQ Diploma in Film & Television (Script) under the Creative Industries Workforce Skills Qualification (CI WSQ) framework.
Participants will also receive a Certificate of Attendance issued by Singapore Media Academy for each unit completed.
|Tan Loon Boon, Alvin
Alvin is the Director of QES Management Pte Ltd, which was incorporated in 9 December 2000...
|Foo Tiang Khuen, Juan
Juan is a film producer, curator, film jury, and adjunct lecturer. His 20-year experience in this profession includes working as production crew, cameraman, script-reader, script-writer and producer.
|Lee Chee Keng
Chee Keng is a director, writer and producer whose works cross theatre, events, as well as TV and films. He is fluent in both the Chinese and English language, and has worked in China, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.
|Janet Liau Su Shyan @ Aishya Liau
Janet started life in broadcast as a researcher writer for variety and info-ed programmes.
|Lim Say Teck, Richard
Dr Richard focuses his professional consultancy on leadership development and organization coaching. He has worked with groups of leadership staff from multi-national companies, International agencies, local government organisations and community institutions.
|Seah Chang Un
Chang Un is a freelance writer who writes regularly for television, feature films, documentaries, commercials and online webisodes...
|Click here for Singapore Media Academy List of Trainers|
- Part-Time Programme (10 months)
- Next Intake: 7 January 2020 (Schedule)
- Registration Closing Date: 17 December 2019
- Full-Time Programme (9 months)
- Next Intake: -
- Registration Closing Date: -
Fees (Inclusive of 7% GST)
Full Course Fee: S$20,918.50
Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents can enjoy up to 95% SkillsFuture Funding. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
Course Fee after SkillsFuture Funding (70%): S$6,275.55
Course Fee after Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (90%): S$2,365.55
Course Fee after Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (90%): S$2,365.55
Course Fee after Workfare Training Support Scheme (95%): S$1,388.05
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Minimum Age: 18
- Academic Requirement: Obtain Pass Grade in GCE O-Level subjects including at least B4 for English (or IELTS overall band score 6.5 and above or equivalent) and 2 other subjects or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements may still apply and will be considered based on:
- At least 1 year working experience in any industry; and/or
- Oral interview or evaluation test by Singapore Media Academy to determine suitability for the course determine suitability for the course
- Applicants may be called for interview at the discretion of Singapore Media Academy.