SSG Course Ref No.: CRS-Q-0031387-MF / Funding Validity Period: 8 Dec 2017 - 31 Oct 2019
Aligned to the Creative Industries WSQ Framework, this diploma is designed to equip participants with the skills in audio engineering for film and television productions.
The 7 units of study are
Audio Engineer, Audio Editor and Sound Recordist
- All units will conclude with a compulsory assessment component.
- Assessments may include role plays, quizzes, assignments, projects, and written examinations.
- Participants need to achieve at least 75% attendance for each unit before they are allowed to sit for the assessment.
Participants will receive a WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) upon successful completion of each unit and its assessment.
Completion of all the required units will qualify candidates for the WSQ Diploma in Film & Television (Audio Engineering) under the Creative Industries Workforce Skills Qualification (CI WSQ) framework.
Participants will also receive a Certificate of Attendance issued by Singapore Media Academy for each unit completed.
|David Suen (Sng Choon Hui)
David is a working director in the local media scene for over 20 years. Being a freelancer, he has garnered extensive experience in many broadcast genres, helping numerous production houses direct their TV programmes both locally and internationally.
|Tan Loon Boon, Alvin
Alvin is the Director of QES Management Pte Ltd, which was incorporated in 9 December 2000.
|Loh Lek San, Justin
Justin is a professional sound recordist with an extensive portfolio ranging from dramas to feature films, and from studio sound to TV commercials.
|Lim Say Teck (Richard)
Dr Richard focuses his professional consultancy on leadership development and organization coaching. He has worked with groups of leadership staff from multi-national companies, International agencies, local government organisations and community institutions.
|Kok Wai Heng, Shawn (Guo Weixing, Shawn)
Shawn is a drummer, sound designer, digital media specialist, educator, advocate for ubiquitous learning, and recognised Adult Education Professional with millions of views across the globe.
- Part-Time Programme (12 months)
- Next Intake: 1 October 2019 (Schedule)
- Registration Closing Date: 17 September 2019
- Full-time Programme (9 months)
- Next Intake: -
- Registration Closing Date: -
Fees (Inclusive of 7% GST)
Full Course Fee: S$20,169.50
Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents can enjoy up to 95% SkillsFuture Funding. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
Course Fee after SkillsFuture Funding (70%): S$6,050.85
Course Fee after Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (90%): S$2,280.85
Course Fee after Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (90%): S$2,280.85
Course Fee after Workfare Training Support Scheme (95%): S$1,338.35
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Minimum Age: 18
- Academic Requirement: Obtain Pass Grade in GCE N-Level subjects including English (or IELTS overall band score 5 and above or equivalent) and 2 other subjects or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements may still apply and will be considered based on:
- At least 1 year working experience in any industry; and/or
- Oral interview or evaluation test by Singapore Media Academy to determine suitability for the course determine suitability for the course
- Applicants may be called for interview at the discretion of Singapore Media Academy.